Submit your speaker proposals for the 2020 Annual Retreat
The 2020 Annual Retreat will take place January 16th-18th, 2020 at the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel, San Antonio, Texas.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS will be accepted starting Thursday, August 1st, 12:01 am EDT until Monday, August 19, at midnight EDT.
SELECTION NOTIFICATION will be made no later than Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
The 2020 Annual Retreat Speaker Selection Committee is requesting proposals. We’d love to hear your ideas for session content and structure. We are especially on the lookout for creative and fresh content, as well as new speakers and session facilitators.
What are you doing that is different and innovative, what experiences and learnings have you had, what are your best practices, etc.? Share with us what you would like to teach your fellow EBC/EBI members that aligns with our 2020 theme: Building Bridges: Leveraging Relationships to Increase Your Influence and Raise Global Consciousness. The theme touches on three specific areas for your relationship with:
- People and tasks related to running your business
- EBC Mission of raising global consciousness
The goal of the sessions/presentations is to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by providing a selection of relevant topics addressed by professional presenters. EBC represents a broad spectrum of thought-leaders from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Their perspectives and challenges can vary greatly, yet we strive to address community, cooperation, inclusion, and diversity, and/or teach relevant business-building and influence-growing skills.
The audience also reflects a range of experience levels. Session proposals that are relevant to a cross-section of members and relate to the theme of the retreat are more likely to be selected.
PROPOSALS MUST SHOW HOW THE SESSION WILL:
- Provide quality, professional development information, education, and skill-building related to the theme. We are NOT looking for ‘rah-rah-empowerment’ with no direct result/purpose.
- Provide practical and leading-edge information on specific topics related to the overall theme.
- Provide details of how the session will be interactive and experiential for attendees.
The presenter must:
- Be an active member for more than six months.
- Register for the retreat.
- Create a focused and well-defined topic.
- Have expertise in the materials being presented and demonstrate ability to tailor their session to meet EBC member needs.
- Be an experienced presenter and workshop facilitator.
- Submit high quality and organized program design, including completeness of the application.
- Volunteer his/her time and resources to design and deliver the presentation.
- In the event of a ‘committee-tie-vote’ in who the committee selects, preference will be given to:
- The member who has previously volunteered more; and
- The member who did not speak at the last year’s retreat
The EBC Speaker Selection Committee decisions are final.
If you have any questions, please contact: Sharon Sayler, email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2020 Annual Retreat.